Commandro is a mobile, map-centric application designed to implement the mix of new generation mobile social networking with location-based gaming. It offers users the ability to work and play with location-sensitive information in a host of new ways, revolutionizing the mobile experience while fostering real-life communication.
- Commandro organizes, displays, and efficiently manages location-based information in a natural and intuitive way around the following key concepts:
- Activity (place, person, and time brought together)
- Site (the way to share your map-based data with your friends and other users)
- Invite (the way to share your activities with your friends or external users in real time)
- Group (the way to control your visibility and exposure)
- Channels (the way to filter and distribute your invites and messages)
- Commandro offers revolutionary usability and flexibility for working with map-based data by utilizing the power of map layers, advanced map controls, and several map display modes. This allows it to display maximum information to the user without cluttering a map and wasting system resources.
- Rich functionality with powerful extras.
Commandro enhances the user experience by offering functionally rich extras, including:
- Multimedia Manager, which allows users to view and create multimedia content such as images, video, audio, or any other types of files for activities/invites, markers, places, and profiles.
- Instant Messenger for fast communication with friends or other users.
- Powerful search features to find activities and people near your current location.
- Versatile P2P/client-server architecture guarantees security and scalability
Commandro makes sure that a user’s personal and location-based information is never shared without the user’s permission.
It also creates the optimal balance between sharing a user’s real-time, location-based information on the server and supporting the functions that depend on such information. We use a secure XMPP connection to the server and never store real-time, location-based information there, instead we use P2P connection between users whenever possible. Its server side architecture is based around an open-source XMPP server with built-in,
multi-node clustering support that’s been load tested for up to 250,000 simultaneous users on a single CPU.
- Designed for a mobile platform
- Commandro is designed to work even with an unreliable network connection and inconsistent GPS data delivery by supporting all possible GPS provider types and utilizing a condition-based, best-suitable-GPS-provider detection mechanism.
- Power usage concerns are addressed by offering several user-configured operating modes and background services so that the user can strike the perfect, individualized power usage/performance balance.
- Commandro Game. Turns serious functionality of Commandro application into the world’s best location-based gaming experience. You can play with other players from all over the world either virtually or in face-to-face real-life contact, either by taking part in active outdoor activities or by simply doing your casual day-to-day stuff. Commandro Game offers truly revolutionary and ultimate mobile gaming experience that you have ever dreamt about. Stay tuned!